Saturday, March 13, 2010

Relaxed

Well I have been at the hostel over a week now, and I’m still loving it, the and the guys are super tight and have been talking about getting a place together. I feel I am very lucky to have such a great first experience at a hostel because it could’ve gone either way. Anyways I had to say goodbye to another friend. Our crazy Spanish roomie Garcia. What a character, funny, down to earth, wild and crazy but a great roommate. So I have now said goodbye to about 5 people. I guess with travelling you get used to saying goodbye to people, though it’s kind of cool at the same time because you can meet up with them later on which is what I am doing with Pete who was our roomie for about 2 or 3 days.
To be honest I haven’t really done much the past week. I am taking it easy. With working so much back home it’s kind of nice to not have any responsibilities for once. I am actually relaxed and not stressed out for once lol it’s a nice feeling. I have just chilled out and read my book, did some research in my Lonely Planet book for Sand Diego, met some new people (most of them Aussies) – some so beautiful and a majority of them gay lol of course- strolled down Melrose which is one of my new favourite hobbies, gone out with the boys and Ellie to the Saddle Ranch. We were supposed to go to Guys and Dolls, we were all dressed up really hot (the guys in suits us girls in dresses and heels) but we got there to late so we end up at the Saddle Ranch (which is a pub –Rusty’s like) that has a mechanical bull and karaoke dressed up like we were going to a wedding, but we didn’t care it didn’t stop us from getting a “little” tipsy. I went to the Avalon with the shuffle crew – long story, went shopping at the Grove, taken Justin’s suit to the dry cleaners, and I bought a new phone, I officially have a real California phone with a real California number haha and I cannot get over how cheap the phone plans are here for $60 a month I have unlimited local and international calls, unlimited text messaging and the internet can you believe that, it’s so cheap. My phone cost me $20 and with my rebate it’s only costing me $9 haha.
Well I am off to buy myself some cheap running shoes and then a pack of smokes for Dallas and I. I know I know I was supposed to have quit which I did but I started again. Bad me!

No comments:

Post a Comment